Looking for something fun and productive to do the weekend of August 8-10th?
Join us for this year’s Prairie Fest in Homer Glen, IL – last year’s show was a huge success, and we’re hoping that more of you will join us for this year’s event, which will be a celebration of the Anniversary of the British Invasion of the Beatles – featuring the Beatles tribute band American English and Chicago’s own Maggie Speaks.
A full day of Polka music & dancing on happens on Sunday! There’ll be a bean bag tournament, bingo, a $10,000 raffle, American and authentic Central European cuisine, a bake sale, VIP tent, Farmers Market, Kids Area with games for children, and 3 full days of arts & crafts show. Tours of the prairie grounds will be available as well, along with a presentation of the parish’s Award winning sustainable environment and water management Ecosystem plan that has won several environmental stewardship awards.
The location is beautiful, the food and music are phenomenal and attendance is expected to exceed 2,000 a day. For more info/to download an application, follow this link - see you on the prairie!
We’ve got a very cool featured artist this month – we hope many of you will join us for July’s Third Friday Art Walk at 78th Street Studios - tonight, July 18th from 5-10pm. See you there!
78th Street Studios – Friday, July 18th:
- Arts Paradis – Jewelry & Accessories
- Bee Glorified Inc – Local Honey & Honey Products
- The Bom – Adult Truffles
- Celestial Zigeuner in Baubles, LLC – Silver & Crystal Jewelry
- Cleveland Tees – Cleveland Apparel
- Chris Dieghan – Drawings
- Earnestine Dawson – Ladies Accessories
- Bob Domiania – Acrylic Paintings
- Three Frog Studios – Wood, upcycled designer
- Gifts In Jars – Award Winning Preserves & other Foods
- Jewelry by Jenny – CLE inspired works
- Lou’s Glass – Glass
- Only in Clev – Cleveland Neighborhood Apparel
- **Paper Cutz – Mixed Media Vintage Collage Art
- Peripeti Home – Hand Poured Soy Candles
- This Side of Classic – Silver & Copper Jewelry
- Silver Z Wear – Mixed Media Silverwear Art
- Soap Alchemy – Soaps, Lotions & Candles
- Stone Chicken Studios – Mixed Media Jewelry & Sculpture
- Supernova Vintage & Modern – Vintage Apparel
- Northcoast Promotions, Inc. – Information Table
This month’s featured artist is Shari Escott, Mixed Media Artist — pictured: West Side Market